In these trying times, we face a medical emergency affecting the health and lives of so many citizens in the U.S. and around the World. This is a time of great physical danger, in which we are careful to “social distance” ourselves from others.
The streets of NYC are nearly empty of cars and pedestrians.
But it is also, possibly, a time of awakening to a deeper consciousness about self – and others.
Charles Eisenstein has written eloquently, in his book Sacred Economics, about a “Gifting Economy” that is replacing the current “Getting Economy”. So we are going from a World where so many function from “What’s in it for ME?” to a world where people function from “How can I serve the Highest Good of Others?”
While I immediately felt that Eisenstein’s idea was great, I wondered how and when this would ever happen.
Martin Rutte wrote, in his book Project Heaven on Earth about what life would be like if we succeeded in creating Heaven on Earth. How would that happen?
We now have evidence that an invisible virus may be causing a dramatic change in consciousness almost simultaneously around the world.
Examples abound of people coming forward to help, by giving money, giving time, or giving expertise to those afflicted is mind blowing – or even more dramatic, heart blowing.
- People on balconies in Europe serenading neighbors to keep their spirits up
- Corporate CEOs foregoing their pay, so that employees could continue being paid
- Companies donating product or services in the effort to treat coronavirus patients
- Companies, like General Motors, retooling their operations, to produce much needed medical products, instead of their usual products
- 82,000 people volunteering to help New York in its attempt to quell the pandemic
- The New England Patriots NFL plane flying to China and bringing back to MA 1.2 Million Protective masks
- So many people connecting with friends and family at a much deeper level
- You probably have your own favorite examples.
We may well look at back at this time as the true emergence of an era of brotherhood, which was predicted to be the 21st-century, or the advent of the giving economy versus the getting economy, or Heaven on Earth.
This may be a time to give thanks for a dramatic advance in the evolution of Humanity. What do you think the outcome will be? (You may also be interested in an earlier related post: Signs of an Emerging GIFTING Economy.)