This blog post provides recent news about Gillett Publications. (If you’re on our mailing list, you have already received this. If you’re not on our mailing list and would like to be, click here and find the subscription in the lower right.)
Recently I stood back from my work – long enough to collect my thoughts and give thanks for the writings I’ve had published over the years, especially recently, and how those writings have been received.
Recent NEWS regarding Gillett Publications
1. “Invisible Heart” article published in Brazil
An article Darwin Gillett wrote earlier this year on the “Invisible Heart” at the request of DOM, the management magazine of Fundação Dom Cabral (FDC), a Brazilian business school, ranked eighth globally was recently published. (Darwin spoke at an international business conference hosted by FDC late last year – as reported in our email last month, and described in the speaking section of our new website currently being developed.
This article was in fact the lead article. (See the magazine cover above.) Note especially the graphic they developed to depict how heart is a major driver of business performance. The article of course is translated into Portuguese, but you can read it in English by clicking here.
In case you missed this, John Spence, a business consultant, seminar leader and conference speaker, has included NOBLE ENTERPRISE: The Commonsense Guide to Uplifting People and Profits on his list of the all-time “Top 50 Business Books“. John has read hundreds of business books and has put this list together carefully and from having personally read each book. We’re honored that Noble Enterprise is included with books written by the best known business authors.
3. The Leadership Paradox – publication in the works
Recently, Darwin Gillett got together with Ken Bardach, Bill Catucci, and Karen Jeisi to begin working on a new publication on how great leaders deal with the paradoxes of leadership and business.
See photo to the right – and stay tuned.
Our Three All-Time FAVORITE Publications
If you have never read any Gillett publications, and you want to see what you might find in them, you can start with the following. They are our favorites because they break new ground in the thinking about business leadership and strategy (and others have said that these writings have inspired them):
1) “Bringing a Company Back to Work: The Role of the CEO“– a 1998 article published by At Work Journal, in which Gillett introduces the concept of Spiritual Capital (to complement International Capital), while telling the short version of what the CEO, and his management team, did to turnaround AT&T Canada, for which he was honored as a Finalist for Canadian CEO of the Year.
2) “An Uncommon Turnaround” – the first chapter of the 2008 book Noble Enterprise, telling the story of meeting the CEO (Bill Catucci) of AT&T Canada the day he retired and how he introduced Gillett to the story of AT&T Canada’s turnaround. The book introduces the Noble Enterprise business model for creating superior business performance.
3) “The Invisible Heart” – a 2013 article in DOM management magazine, mentioned above, in which Gillett introduces the idea that it is no longer just great minds, but rather now great hearts that are making companies successful, with inspiring examples of companies that are doing great – and the leaders of Heart who are powering them.
Click to read a complete list of Gillett publications.
Happy (Breakthrough) Reading!