If you’re like most of us, you spend a lot of time making and carrying out To DO Lists.
We are working on a book about Noble Leadership. At its core, it is about the Beingness of Leaders, not just about their Doingness.
As an anti-dote to the existing so-called “Ten Commandments” (which could be viewed as a “To Do” List to live a Christian life), we came up with these Being Commandments.
Our Being Commandments are a list of the being aspects that Noble Leaders exhibit. You don’t need to be a Leader to nurture and use these aspects of yourself.
Here’s our list. We’d be interested in your reactions.
The BEING Commandments
- Be PRESENT
- Be PASSIONATE
- Be AUTHENTIC
- Be focused on Your (and your Company’s) Highest PURPOSE
- Be Connected and ONE with your World and the People in it
- Be RESPECTFUL and KIND
- Be CONSTRUCTIVE in Getting Things Done vs. Just Pointing out what is wrong and complaining about it|
- Be FREE (of fear) to EXPLORE – and to do what is RIGHT
- Be WISE
- Be INSPIRING
- Be CURIOUS and EXPLORATIVE
- Be OPEN to new ideas and new thingsand, if you’ve spiritually inclined,…
- Be the LIGHT you really Are
If you exhibit most of the Being aspects listed above, we think you will enjoy life – and may well be a Noble Leader.
Let us know what you think about this list.
Dar Gillett & Ken Bardach